This is probably the highlight of our 2017 trip. As the travel period was in peak season, I paid CAD $999 (before tax) per night for my Fairmont Gold room! If I were to travel a month before, the room is as low as CAD $599 (before tax). How big difference a month made! I was deciding if I should go for the Fairmont Gold room, in the end I decided to take the plunge. What benefits will Fairmont Gold get u with the additional CAD $200?
- Private check in area in the lounge (and avoid the long queue at the front desk)
- Club Lounge with all day snacks, breakfast and evening canapes
- Daily turndown service with Fairmont chocolates
- Complimentary 1 hour evening kayak rental in Lake Louise (worth CAD $65)
- Complimentary portable battery rental
- Complimentary usage of board games available in club lounge
For those planning to stay here, do book in advance. Your chances of getting a room via 3rd party booking website (e.g. Expedia) for bonus miles earning may be low.